Annual Friendship Scholarship
The New Zealand Methodist Women's Fellowship Annual Friendship Scholarship was established to enable and encourage South Pacific Island girls, resident in New Zealand, to continue with their Secondary Education, thus gaining the higher qualifications which are necessary in today's world.
The students must be Pacific Island students, i.e. Fijian, Samoan, Tongan etc. in Year 12 or Year 13 hard-working and currently attending a College or High School in New Zealand.
Students must be associated with a Methodist, Union or Co-operating Parish within the Connexion of the Methodist Church of New Zealand. Students should be held in good standing and repute within the Church.
Scholarships will be awarded each year as funds permit. The money will be paid directly to the College or High School the student is attending. The money can be used to pay for School Fees, Course Fees, Stationary, Books or School Trips but NOT Uniforms.
Students must have New Zealand Residency status or New Zealand Citizenship ALL the Following Documents Are Required To Be Received By 20 NOVEMBER
Use a black pen - PRINT CLEARLY - especially the email address.
* APPLICATION FORM – All sections must be completed. Answers to the questions on page 2 are to be no more than 50 words. The Application Form is both sides of one page, Handwritten or telegraphic signatures are required.
* TWO REFERENCES - NOT from people who are related to the student Each reference must be on a single A4 sheet of Headed Paper - one side only.
- The student’s College Dean or Form Teacher for the current year
- Local Presbyter (Methodist, Co-operating or Union Parish)
* SCHOOL REPORT ....A signed copy of the most recent report
* SCHOOL BANK ACCOUNT - Deposit Form or Confirmation of Bank Account Details
* SCHOOL EMAIL ADDRESS
These documents must be received by the Committee by 20TH NOVEMBER to enable decisions to be made and money to be available for the new school year.
Post or email all the completed documents together to:
MWF Friendship Scholarship
18 Sunny Glen
Or email to [E-Mail not displayed]