Wesley Church and Hall
What makes us tick ...
We are both formed and informed by our Methodist roots. The scallop shell that symbolised pilgrimage in Wesley's day suggests to us an ever-evolving understanding of the Gospel as we journey into fresh understandings - led by God's grace in 21st century Aotearoa New Zealand.
John Wesley emphasised the close bond between being and doing; he believed that personal transformation and social action went hand-in-hand. Our theology, beliefs and faith are informed, and in turn transformed, by our everyday lives.
We believe that:
- God created all things with a loving purpose
- Jesus, who is the Christ, is the human expression of god's love at work
- We are born so that we may discover God's love, alive and active within each one of us
- We are called to recognise the inherent dignity and worth of every human being
- The good news of the Gospel offers hope, wholeness and well-being for all
- There is no right living unless it is lived out in care for others and creation
- Everyone is uniquely gifted by God and called to share those gifts in loving service
We are a community of vulnerable people, on a journey of hope, inquiry and faith.
Come and walk with us!