There is an open invitation for members to join any of the communities of practice. Please contact the National Coordinator, Carol Barron, who will make sure you are brought up to date and linked in.
Rev Dr Arapera Ngaha, Geoff Tucker and Peter Glensor refreshed our knowledge on our Weteriana bicultural story with a quiz. This was a really enjoyable interactive session with great discussion. It is a great resource which you may like to use with your parish. Read more.
Siaola, Vahefonua Tongan Methodist Mission, were unable to attend but Kathleen sent a video which you can watch here.
Sinoti Samoa provide significant work in family violence prevention and suicide prevention. Their presentation can be found here.
We were entertained with the story of Wesley Rata Village. Find out more here.
Day 2 - Saturday 9th November 2019
We were blessed to have our Presidential Team attend the Forum. Vice President Nicola led us in prayer and President Setaita shared a theological refleciton about what is radical about Methodism.
We heard inspiring stories:
- Housing First in Christchurch & Blenheim from Jill Hawkey, Christchurch Methodist Mission
- Mama Celia's Table from Lizzie Makalio, Wesley Community Action
- Shore to Thrive & other community projects at Northcote Takapuna Parish from Rev Peter Norman & Jennifer Moor
- The Porirua Promise from Makerita Makapelu and Kena Duignan,Wesley Community Action
- Peer to peer models and the value of lived experience from Zoe Truell, Lifewise
Three people shared their view about "What is a Radical Methodist approach in Aotearoa today?" and what working in a Methodist way looks like.
We heard from:
- Rev Motekiai Fakatou, the Prebyster at Wellington Central Parish & Wesley Community Action Board member
- Garth Nowland-Foreman – board member of Christchurch Methodist Mission. Read more.
- Tara Tautari – General Secretary Designate
Strategising for Radical Action