New Zealand Methodist Church OnLine History
 Go to Index

                                      
  Wesley College - A Centenary Survey

On October 7th, 1844, Governor Fitzroy granted in trust to the Rev. Walter Lawry, Superintendent of the Wesleyan Mission in New Zealand, a block of six and three quarter acres of Auckland suburban land in perpetuity for the purpose of a Wesleyan Native Institution. This was the beginning of the Trust which is now vested in the Wesley Training College Trust Board.
           
The Native Institution, Grafton Road 1845-1848.

The Three Kings Wesleyan Native Institution 1849-69

Wesley College, Three Kings 1876-1922

Wesley College, Paerata 1922