Wesley Historical Society Publications after 1940
No.1 Across a Hundred Years
(Early Methodism in Auckland) (A.B.Chappell) 63 pages
No.2 Otakou - A Story of Far-off Days.(T.A.Pybus) 20 pages
No.3 Centenary of Wesley Church, Wellington.
No.4 Early Missionary Days in South Taranaki..
(A.B.Chappell) 15 pages
No. 1 Centenary of Nelson Methodism.(M.A.Rugby Pratt) 20 pages
No. 2 Souvenir of Waikato Methodism.(C.H.Olds, etc.) 19 pages
No.3 Methodism in Napier The First Decade.
(Dr. C.H.Laws) 16 pages
No.4 Oruaiti Chapel in North Auckland( A.J. Johnston) 7 pages
No.1&2 Toil and Adversity in Whangaroa The First Methodist Mission (Dr. C.H.Laws) 25 pages
No.3 Primitive Methodism in N.Z.(E.Drake) 16 pages
No.1 Wesley College Centenary(E.W.Hames) 25 pages
No.2&3 First Years at Hokianga (Dr. C.H.Laws) 38 pages
No.4 Northcote Methodism (A.J.Johnston) 15 pages
No.1 Karori Methodism 1843-1946 (J.D.Grocott) 28 pages
No.2 Methodist Maori Missions - Yesterday & Today
(G.I.Laurenson) 17 pages
No.3 The Bible Christian Church in N.Z. (L.R.M.Gilmore) 16 pages
No.4 Minniesdale Chapel (G.R.Thompson) 6 pages
No.1 Before 1848 and After - Otago Methodism
(D.J.D.Hickman) 25 pages
No.2 Leigh's Visit to Whangarei Harbour 1823 (F.W.Reed) 4 pages
No.3 Instructions to Early Missionaries (C.J.Freeman) 8 pages
No.4 Woodend Methodism (W.A.Chambers) 15 pages
No.1 Primitive Methodism in Auckland 1849-1913 (J.Olphert) 19 pages
No.2 Some Letters of Baron de Thierry .
Letters to John Hobbs (compiled by L.R.M.Gilmore) 6 pages
No.3 Methodism in Stoke Nelson. (C.B.Jordan) 46 pages
No.1 The Flowing Tide - Onehunga Methodism. (F.E.Leadley) 28 pages
No.2 A Tale of Two Colleges - Wesley & Prince Albert.
(Aylesbeare Arthur and Nora Buttle) 39 pages
No.3&4 Our Yesteryears - Canterbury Methodism (W.A.Chambers) 70 pages
No.1 Trinity Methodist Church, Tuamarina (F.W.Smith) 26 pages
No.2 'Dunholme' Theological College (R.E.Fordyce) 16 pages
No.3 75 Years of Woodville Methodism (C.B.Oldfield) 23 pages
No.4 A Goodly Heritage - New Plymouth Youth Work (R.L.Cooper) 30 pages
No.1 Yes, God is Good - Tawa Methodism (A.H.Carman) 40 pages
No.2 Some Yesterdays of Motueka Methodism (C.B.Jordan) 32 pages
No.3 John Whiteley - Missionary Martyr (G.G.Carter) 12 pages
No.1 Samuel Ironside and the Cloudy Bay Mission (F.W.Smith) 21 pages
No.2&3 St Albans Methodist Centenary (Sir Ernest Andrews) 36 pages
No.4 Trinity Methodist Church, Kingsland (D.M.Heape) 16 pages
No.1 Wesley Church, Petone - 70 Years (J.B.Dawson) 12 pages
No.2&3 Papanui Methodist Church -100 Years (W.T.Blight) 17 pages
No.4 The Impact of Christianity on the Maori (A.W.Reed) 38 pages
No.1 The Scandinavian Mission -1872-94 (G.I.Laurenson) 16 pages
No.2-4 Brother John (Hobbs) (T.G.M.Spooner) 54 pages
No.1&2 Methodism in Southland (F.G.Glen) 47 pages
No.3 More Precious than Gold - Waihi Methodism (J.B.Beeche) 27 pages
No.4 Free Methodism in N.Z. (S.G.Macfarlane) 20 pages
No.1 Through Changing Scenes - Rawene 80th Anniversary
(K.Abercrombie) 29 pages
No.2&3 The Ladies of Wesleydale (Sister Rita Snowden) 38 pages
No.4 Methodist Deaconess Order 1907-57 (Deaconess Board) 32 pages
No.1&2 Methodism in Auckland During the Wars -1860-64
(F.G.Glen) 37 pages
No.3&4 Masterton - the First 100 Years (J.B.Dawson) 28 pages
No.5 Sowing the Seed in Pioneer N.Z. - Frederick Miller of Wakatumutumu
(G.Elliott) 32 pages
No. 1-3 Centenary of First Methodist Church in Dunedin
A.R.Brown) 32 pages
No.4 Methodist Beginnings in the Manukau (C.T.J.Luxton) 20 pages
No.1&2 A Century of Witness – Pukekohe (E.L.Curnow) 27 pages
No.3 J.M. White and the Coast Mission (H.R.Wright) 11 pages
No.4 Early Methodism in the Upper Thames Valley (J.B.Beeche) 40 pages
No.1&2 Methodism in the Coalfields of Southland (F.G.Glen) 31 pages
No.3 John Bell Richardson (C.T.J.Luxton) 27 pages
No.4 What God Hath Wrought - Gore Methodism (T.R.Benny) 64 pages
No.1&2 William Morley - Statesman of God (B.Gadd) 50 pages
No.3 Gold Digging and the Gospel - Westland Diary of Rev. G.S. Harper.
(J.H.Haslam) 40 pages
No.4 100 Years of Hamilton Methodism (H.R.Vyle, etc.) 44 pages
No.1&2 Rev. James Wallis (C.T.J.Luxton) 36 pages
No.3&4 Inheritance - Methodist Connexional Funds (H.L.Fiebig) 28 pages
No.1&2 The Voyage of the 'Triton'(Nora Buttle) 32 pages
No.3&4 Durham St. Church -1864-1964 (W.T.Blight) 120 pages
No.1&2 Rev James Buller (B.Gadd) 40 pages
No.3 Padre John Luxford, C.M.G. (F.G.Glen) 20 pages
No.4 Rev. Walter Lawry (E.W.Hames) 48 pages
No.1&2 A Century of Light - Thames Methodism (Hazel Harris) 44 pages
No.3&4 Rev John Whiteley 1806-69 (W.W.H.Greenslade) 42 pages
No.1-4 The Maori Response to the Gospel (R.D.Rakena) 40 pages
No.1-4 100 Years in Pitt Street, Auckland (E.W.Hames) 78 pages
No.1&2 Te Hahi Weteriana (G.I.Laurenson) 272 pages
No.3&4 Out Of The Common Way - European Church 1840-1913
(E.W.Hames) 152 pages
No.5 I Remember - A Missionary in Fiji (Inez Hames) 90 pages
No.6 The Unexpected Impact (Dr. J.M.R.Owens) 37 pages
No.1&2 Coming Of Age - European Church 1913-1972 (E.W.Hames) 164 pages
No.3&4 A Family Affair - N.Z. Methodism's Missions Overseas 1822-1972
(G.G.Carter) 266 pages
No.5 David Voeta - Pioneer Missionary (G.G.Carter) 16 pages
No.1-4 Misakaram - Rev. John Crump (G.G.Carter) 57 pages
No.5 Waterview - Story of a Little Church . (G.I.Laurenson) 32 pages
No.1-4 The Winds of Change - Canterbury 1950-75 W.A.Chambers)
No.1&2 Glimpses of the Work of Rev. I. Harding (A.Harding) 16 pages
No.3 &4 The Trinity College Story (Dr. J.J.Lewis) 64 pages
From here on, use of numbers was discontinued and each issue was given its own volume number
Methodism in N.Z.- Pioneer Resources in the Turnbull Library (J.E.Traue) 15 pages
James Watkin - Pioneer Missionary(R.Belmer) 35 pages
The Prince Albert College Trust (E.W.Hames) 34 pages
Peacemakers - David Pausu and the United Church of South Bougainville.
(A.H.Voyce) 95 pages
For All the Saints - Waimate Primitive Methodists
(W.Greenwood) 22 pages
The Decisive Decade - Auckland Central Mission 1927-37
(I.F.Faulkner) 34 pages
Wesleyan Missionaries in N.Z. before 1840 (Dr.J.M.R.Owens) 28 pages
From Grafton to Three Kings to Paerata – Wesley College 1844-1982
(E.W.Hames) 27 pages
The Saga of the Probert Trust (E.W.Hames) 16 pages
The Search for Unity - Methodism and Ecumenism in N.Z.
(Dr. J.J.Lewis, A.K.Petch, R.D.Rakena) 58 pages
New Zealanders and Methodist Evangel (Dr. P.J.Lineham) 47 pages
The Bainbridge (Rotorua) Church Story (J.B.Dawson) 60 pages
The WHS(NZ) Journals published from this date onwards comprise collections of shorter articles, with the major ones in each issue listed. See also the Index of Names.
JOURNAL 1984 - 48 pages
- Les Gilmore as His Contemporaries Knew Him.
- Rev Charles Harris, 1877-1918: He Saved Others. (J.L.Woodhouse)
Valuable-Beyond-Price - Sister Lina Jones (G.G.Carter) 68 pages
JOURNAL 1985 - 64 pages
- Eric Hames:Churchman-Historian-Friend.
- Samuel Ironside in Church and Community.(W.A.Chambers)
- The Cruise of the Fauro Chief.
- A Man and His Church.(D.G.Roberts)
With Renewed Vigour - Connexional Finances 1966-86
(Dr. D.J.Janus) 57 pages
Not Self - But Others: The Deaconess Order (W.A.Chambers) 151 pages
JOURNAL 1986 - 58 pages
- Alternative Tourism With a Bicultural Slant:Canterbury Methodists
- Journey Into Their Past. (J.Roberts)
- Missionaries and the Treaty of Waitangi.(J.M.R.Owens)
- Strengths and Weaknesses of Methodism in New Zealand to 1913.
Wesley's South Seas Heritage -
Report of South Pacific Regional Conference, Paerata.110 pages
JOURNAL 1988 - 58 pages
- George Irvine Laurenson, C.B.E.
- Law and Grace, John Wesley's Theology Today. (Dr.Robert G.Tuttle Jr.)
- John and Susan Orchard, Bible Christians.
- William & Dinah Hall and the First Wesleyan Missionaries, 1819-1825.
JOURNAL 1989 - 84 pages
- The Seventy-fifth anniversary of the United Methodist Church.
- How NZ Methodism kept the Feast, 1738-1988.(J.B.Dawson)
- William Slade of Fiji.(W.G.Slade)
- Tomasi: For Islands Far Away.(H.Bray)
An Ordered Faith - Faith and Order Committee 1950-84 (Dr. G.D.Pratt) 100 pages
A Dream to Fulfil - Prince Albert College Trust 1979-89
(W.J.Morrison) 29 pages
Return to Mangungu
- Commemoration of Signing of Treaty of Waitangi at Mangungu 1840.
(W.A.Chambers and B.J.Jones) 15 pages
JOURNAL 1990 - 83 pages
- The Wesleyan Maori Mission at Te Aro.(J.Roberts)
- Ko Te Kotahi Rau E Rima Tekau Tau o Te Unga Mai o
- Te Whakapono o Te Haahi Weteriana Ki Te Whanganui-A-Tara, Hune 1839.
- Compiling a District History. (Arthur Olsson)
- By A Mysterious Providence. (I.Whyle)
A Pioneer Missionary - Cort Henry Schnackenberg.
(G.E.J.Hammer) 108 pages
JOURNAL 1991-92 - 83 pages
- John Whiteley and the land question. (G.Brazendale)
- Springboks and NZ Methodists. (Dr E.Bolitho)
- The Tour 1981- An Auckland Perspective. (G.Tucker)
- 10 Years on and the Tension Remains. (B.Turner)
- 150th Anniversary 'Heretoa' Wesleyan Mission Station. (G. Clover)
The Wesley Historical Society in Aotearoa/New Zealand: the first Sixty Years.
(D.G.Roberts) 107 pages
The Call of the Solomons: the New Zealand Methodist Women's Response.
JOURNAL 1994 - 75 pages
- Forty up and Going Strong.(Dame P.Guthardt)
- Portraits of Women.
JOURNAL 1995 - 68 pages
- Rev. Wesley Albert Chambers. [Tributes and writings]
- Methodist Churches in New Zealand.
- The Master Builder.(James Buller and the colonial Church in Canterbury)
- A packet of Leigh Letters. (Rev Samuel Leigh)
- A tale of two brothers.
- Two poems.
JOURNAL 1996- 84 pages
- Primitive Methodism in New Zealand - Sesquicentenary.(I.Whyle)
- From Mow Cop to Airdale St.(D.Phillipps)
- Remember the Primitive Methodists. (V.Mossong)
John Whiteley: Land Sovereignty & the Land Wars of the 19th C.
(G.Brazendale) 54 pages
JOURNAL 1997 - 64 pages
- The Evangelical/Charismatic Aspect of Methodism in New Zealand
- Aldersgate/Affirm in the 1990s.(G.Bryant)
The Sunday School in New Zealand Methodism (F.Hanson) 44 pages
JOURNAL 1998 - 64 pages
- Changing maps of the Universe.( Dr D.Bell)
- From Where I'm Standing.(J.Penman)
- Celebration in Kaeo.(V.Mossong)
Women Local Preachers in the British Isles (Dr.D.Graham) 35 pages
William Hough: Catechist and Lay Preacher .(V.Mossong)
JOURNAL 1999 - 44 pages
- Te Haeata - Wesleyan Maori Newsletter.(Y.Sutherland)
- Doctrines of John Wesley in the late 20th Century.(J.Keating)
Trinity College: an account of the early years (S.Thompson) 34 pages
and Later Musings on Ministry. (J.Penman) (S.Dawson)
Yours in His Service: Reflection on the life and times of the Rev. Belshazzar Gina.
- 90 pages [Reprint] (G.Carter)
JOURNAL 2000 - 54 pages
- Methodist Archives: an historical survey.(D.Phillipps)
- 1999-2000 photos of Churches
previously featured in Morley's 1900 history.(D.G.Roberts)
John J. Lewis - Gracious Prophet.(Dr. D.Pratt & Dr. L.Wall) 52 pages
JOURNAL 2001 - 48 pages
- Methodist Mission Northern: the Sesquicentennial.(I.Whyle)
- Establishment of Solomon Islands Mission.(V.Mossong)
- Nathan Sipisong- Wartime Adventures. (A.Bruce)
- Fifty Years in the Papua New Guinea Highlands.(F.Baker)
- Writing a Parish History: Some Basic Guidelines. (Dr A.K.Davidson)
Ever Widening Circles:
Stories of Some Influential Methodist Leaders in Solomon Islands and
Bougainville/Buka. (Ed. A.Leadley) 83 pages
JOURNAL 2002 - 56 pages
- Solomon Islands Revisited.(P.Taylor)
- The Story of My Life in the Church Ministry. (Mareta Tahu)
- Division and reunion in Tongan Methodism.(Dr A.K.Davidson)
- A trip to Tonga 1922.( M.A. Rugby Pratt )
- 'Box Organizer': a Labour of love.(M.Baker)
JOURNAL 2003 - 52 pages
- Free Methodism in Nineteenth Century New Zealand. (W.F.F.Thomas)
- The Bible Christians in New Zealand.(F. Baker)
- The Forgotten Prims. (I.Whyle)
Methodists and a Questioning Faith.(Ed. Dr John Salmon) 48 pages
- Garland's Ghosts.(Dr David Bell)
- The 1912 Heresy Hunt.(Donald Phillipps)
- A Spiritual Journey. (Dr J. Salmon)
JOURNAL 2004 - 56 pages
- Being 'As good as a woman':
Women at Trinity Methodist Theological College.(Dr Susan Thompson)
- Spiritual Journey.(Barbara Miller)
- Spiritual Journey.(Jill Richards)
- A 'little Bethel' in Epsom, Auckland. (Helen Laurenson)
- Passionfruit Sundays. (Alwyn Owen)
- Obituaries: Gordon Cornwell, Michael King.
William Morley: a man for his time. (Ed. Donald Phillipps) 52 pages
- William Morley – Lecture for the AGM of the WHS, 2003.
- William Morley- Address to the Friends of Queen's College Library,
- A Companion to Morley's History.( D.Phillipps)
JOURNAL 2005 - 52 pages
- Retiring Editor Bernie Le Heron thanked. (Dr S. Thompson)
- David Lange and his Methodism. (John Roberts)
- Primitive Methodism in Hamilton. (Dr P. Lineham)
- Obituary – Bruce Verry. (Jill Weeks)
- Obituary – Rev. Esau Tusa. (Alan Leadley and Jocelyn Howie)
- Charles Creed – Intrepid Traveller. ( Frank Paine)
- The Joy of Reading. (Selwyn Dawson)
- John and Susan Orchard. (Barbara Peddie)
- Pot-pourri of Catholicity. (Brian Turner)
JOURNAL 2006 - 56 pages
- New Zealand Methodists and "Missionary Propaganda" in the 1920s.
(Dr A.K. Davidson)
- My Years at Goldie College. (Jim Cropp)
- Harold Whitmore Williams – The Forgotten Genius.
(Fred Baker and Tatiana Blagova)
- Spirituality in Biblical Perspective. ( J.J. Lewis)
- The Search for Descendants. (Val. Payne)
- Book Review: Gardner, Helen Bethea,
Gathering for God: George Brown in Oceania, (John Roberts)
2007/83 & 84
Weaving the Unfinished Mats:
Wesley's Legacy – Conflict, Confusion and Challenge in the South Pacific.
Proceedings of the Wesley Historical Society (NZ) Conference, January 2005,
ed. by Dr Peter Lineham. 160 pages
JOURNAL 2007: - 60 pages
- 'Saddlebags and Navvies':
The Methodist Mission to Railway Construction Workers on the
North Island Main Trunk Line, 1985-1908. (Douglas H. Burt)
- Obituary – Irene Eva Cornwell. (Stan Goudge)
- Charles Wesley – Protagonist or 'push over'? (Norman Brookes)
- Spiritual Journey. (Graham Whaley)
- The Marsden Cross Heritage Centre and Chapel. (Patricia Bawden)
JOURNAL 2008 52 pages
- Tribute to Jack Penman. (Mary Caygill)
- Tribute to Jack Penman. (Keith Taylor)
- Growth in Love-a Sermon. (Jack Penman)
- Ordination Charge. (Jack Penman)
- Wesley College to Prince Albert College: The Years Between.
- Paul Wynyard Fairclough F.R.A.S. (Frank Paine)
- A Sunday School Scholar:
Memories of Pitt Street Sunday School, Auckland. (Joyce K. Dey)
- Alston, Charlotte, Russia's Greatest Enemy?
Harold Williams and the Russian Revolutions,
reviewed by Garth Cant.
-Roberts, John H., Neighbours Not Strangers:
Methodists Exploring Relationships with People of Other
Religions. Reviewed by Terry Wall.
Making Connexions Down-Under
-Reflections of a United Methodist in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Rev. Dr Jim Stuart.
JOURNAL 2009 48 pages
- Spiritual Journey. (Phil Taylor)
- Travelling with Methodists (and others)
on the Good Ship Oikoumene:
- Reflections from an (Ecumenical) Ancient Mariner.
(Rev. Dr Allan K. Davidson)
- Rescuing From Obscurity:
A Life of the Reverend John Skevington 1815-1845.
- Book Reviews:
- Stuart, James, The John Wesley Code
Finding a Faith that Matters,
reviewed by Norman E. Brookes.
- Lenton, John, John Wesley's Preachers:
A Social and Statistical Analysis of the British and Irish
Preachers who entered the Methodist Itinerancy
before 1791, reviewed by Terry Wall.
KNOWLEDGE & VITAL PIETY by Rev Dr Susan J Thompson 275 pages
Education for Methodist ministry in New Zealand from the 1840s
JOURNAL 2010 52 pages
- Te Putakarua, Te Awaroa, Te Matoe and Te Hau Maringi
Why Methodists should know and Commemorate them.
- Dr Gerald Hoult - Helena Goldie Hospital - Phil Taylor
- Douglas Howard Burt - by Lindsay Cumberpatch
- Ivan John Whyle - by Helen and Eric Laurenson
- Bernard Le Heron - By Jill Weeks
- Te Rua Winiata and the World Council of Churches
February 1991 to December 1998 - Garth Cant
- Book Review - Donald Phillipps
- Bible and Treaty
Missionaries Among the Maori - a New Perspective
by Keith Newman
JOURNAL 2011 64 pages
- MORE HEROES OF THE FAITH by Gary A Clover
The two Methodist Maori missionaries martyred near Mangataipa
in the Hokianga in 1837.
- A DAY IN MY LIFE AT GOLDIE COLLEGE in the early 1990s
by Kath Kerr
- 'A REAL GOOD, SENSIBLE CHRISTIAN WOMAN ...'
by Lynne McDonald
- HYMN-WRITER CHARLES WESLEY by Alison Fields
- THE PRAYER OF FAITH CAN VINDICATE' by Anthony Tedeschi
Two Wesley Letters in the Alfred & Isabel Reed Collection
- BOOK REVIEWS
- KNOWLEDGE & VITAL PIETY by Susan J Thompson
Education for Methodist ministry in New Zealand
from the 1840s
- UNTO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH by Len and Hilda Schroeder
- THE STORY OF GEORGE LOVELESS AND THE TOLPUDDLE
MARTYRS by Andrew Norman
"A KIND OF OPENING" a tribute to Dame Phyllis Guthardt
Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Ordination of
Women in the Methodist Church of New Zealand
- Introduction: A Kind of Opening by Lynne Frith
- Church and Women's Agency: Contributors to the Early Ordination of Women to the Ministry within the Methodist Church of New Zealand by Val Bailey
- Phyllis Guthardt: Ecumenical Leader by Janet Crawford - From Cambridge to Christchurch: Reflections on Women's Ordination by Lynne J. Wall
- A Trail Blazer's Legacy by SyM'a 'Akau'ola Tongotongo
- 'Staying silent is grossly over-rated' by Susan Thompson
- 'We claim the heritage of Christ' by Colin Gibson
- In Memoriam: Methodist Women Presbyters
JOURNAL 2012 60 Pages
-'MORE THAN JUST AN HOUR ON SUNDAY'
Methodist Church Architecture in Aotearoa 1960-2000
a personal perspective by Eric Laurenson
-A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE WAIATA MAORI CHOIR, 1924-1938 by Michelle Willyams
-MORE HEROES OF THE FAITH
Minarapa Te Rangi-hatu-ake and Te Aro Pa, 1839-1841 by Gary Clover
-BOOK REVIEWS - SCRIM - the man with a mike. Author: William Renwick - A NEWCHURCH FOR A NEW CENTURY: East City Wesleyan's Early Story Author:Richard Waugh
- FOR OTHERS WITH LOVE - A Story of Early Sisters and Methodist Deaconesses Author: Marcia Baker
JOURNAL 2013 Celebrating the Centenary of Methodist Union 1913-2013
- METHODISM IN 1913 - AND BEYOND by Donald Phillipps
- ANOTHER HERO OF THE FAITH - TAAWAO
First Missionary to Banks Peninsula by Gary Clover
- THE ANGLICAN/METHODIST COVENANT IN NEW ZEALAND MAY 2008
by Terry Wall
- BOOK REVIEWS
- In and Out of Sync by Dave Mullan - Reviewed by Eric Laurenson
- The Road to Methodist Union in 1913 by Gary Clover
Reviewed by Donald Phillipps
- Pacific Missionary George Brown by Margaret Reeson
Reviewed by Lynne Wall
William Woon 1803-1858 by Gary. A. M. Clover 108 pages. A biography of the Rev. William Woon, an early Wesleyan missionary to New Zealand. He was stationed in Tonga for four years before coming to Mangungu. He then moved to South Taranaki.
Ventures of Faith and Community by Peter Lineham 96 pages The development of Churches on the North Shore, Auckland.
JOURNAL 2014 48 pages
- Perfect Equality the story of the Mt Eden Free Methodist Church by Helen Laurenson
- Heroes of the Faith - Early Wesleyan Maori Teachers and conversion by Gary Clover
- Methodism's Debt to Marsden by Donald Phillipps
- Elizabeth Wood-Ellem 1930-2012
- Dame Dorothy Winstone 1919-2014 by Raewyn Dalziel
- Following the Dream - Centenary of the Russell Methodist Church by E Bolitho
- William Woon 1853-1858 Wesleyan Printer in Tonga and NZ by John Salmon
JOURNAL 2015 56 pages
-1616 Cheers for Chaplains by Colin Gibson
- Susannah Napier by Don Goodall
- Three Kings College - Hare Hongi by Helen Laurenson
- The Methodist and Ratana Connection by Garth Cant
- Rev Dr Frank Glen by Doug Pratt
- Concerning One Man's War by Ormond Burton Reviewed by Terry Wall
- Fijian Missionaries in North Australia by John Kadiba Reviewed by Allan Davidson
- Morning Prayer by E C Leadley
NEW ZEALAND METHODIST CHAPLAINS AND MINISTERS AT WAR: The First World War through their Eyes. by Allan K Davidson