1. A scholarship of up to $1500 will be offered annually to a post-graduate student of an accredited tertiary institution in New Zealand.
2. Applicants must be undertaking historical research related to Methodist history in New Zealand and/or the South Pacific.
3. Applicants will draw on the historical resources of the Methodist Church of New Zealand. These could include Methodist Church archives (in Christchurch and/or Auckland) and oral history.
4. Applications will include a one-page outline of the research proposal indicating the intended use of resources (eg. thesis proposal).
5. Applications must be accompanied by a supporting letter (from a supervisor, university lecturer etc.).
6. A copy of the completed research project will be deposited in the Methodist archives.
7. The Wesley Historical Society will consider publication in some form of the results of the research undertaken by scholarship holders.
8. If the research is published elsewhere, an acknowledgement that it was undertaken with the assistance of the scholarship must be included.
9. Successful applicants may reapply for a scholarship in succeeding years.
10. If the applicant does not engage in the research for which a scholarship has been made, the scholarship must be returned.
11. The final decision on all scholarships will be at the discretion of the Wesley Historical Society.
12. Applications for the scholarship are to be made to
Dr.Helen B Laurenson,
6B Atherton Rd., Epsom, Auckland 1023, NZ
Ph. (09) 630 3850. Mob. 0272970995 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 October of each year.
Go to Wesley Historical Society Home Page