Interim Director: Rev Tony Franklin-Ross
- Support and strengthen the world-wide mission of the Methodist Church of New Zealand.
- Promote an understanding of mission as a joining of evangelism, ministry to human need, concern for social justice, and concern for the world in the ecumenical relationships of the Methodist Church of NZ.
- Promote the ecumenical relationships of the Methodist Church of NZ.
- Promote the relationships of the Methodist Church of NZ with world Methodism.
THE VISION OF THE AGENCY IS TO:
- Is to support and strengthen the mission and ecumenical understandings of the Methodist Church of New Zealand by:
- Working to further develop effective communication with parishes, rohe and co-operative ventures, through monthly newsletters, occasional papers, information leaflet and articles in "Touchstone".
- Developing ecumenical understandings and commitment throughout the connexion using the "To be Methodist is to be Ecumenical" paper.
- Using the "Transforming Mission" paper as a working paper that provides a theological base for the work of the committee and secretary.
- Strengthening partnership relationships with the United Church of Papua New Guinea and the United Church of the Solomon Islands through personal visits, regular correspondence and sharing of resources.
- Strengthening relationships with ecumenical agencies of which the Methodist Church of New Zealand is a member – Conference of Churches of Aotearoa New Zealand, Christian World Service, Christian Conference of Asia, and the World Council of Churches.
- Producing resources (study and liturgical) on ecumenism and mission, suitable for use in parishes and rohe.