Bula dear friends!
Greetings in Fijian Language week.
Aotearoa is now reunited in Alert Level 1! Well done Auckland!
As always I urge us all to beware of complacency. The latest outbreak we had was only 6 people. It didn't warrant lockdown or any other stronger measures thanks firstly to the first person getting tested early when they felt ill, and secondly to the great contact tracing efforts.
The current talk about sharing our bubble with Australia means that we must strongly continue with good hygiene, with great contact tracing and COVID awareness. We need to learn how to reopen our bubble borders, but this is not the time for complacency!
Therefore I urge you to re-commit to the basics:
- Stay home if you're sick
- Call the Healthline if you have cold or flu symptoms 0800 611 116
- Wear a face covering if you are at risk
- Keep track of where you've been
- Keep track of who visits
- Wash your hands
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Clean surfaces that get touched frequently
- Maintain physical distancing
- Wash your hands again
- And be kind, always be kind
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11
Let us once again give thanks for our COVID-19 security we have in Aotearoa, and let us pray for those who are still badly affected in so many parts of the world.
Grace be to you, and peace.