Please see below an update on various arrangements for Conference.
The enthusiastic and well organised Arrangements Committee are looking forward to welcoming Conference to Christchurch.
Conference Registration Forms
The Conference Registration Form will be available for you to complete on the Conference Website by the end of the week, at which time we will send you the link. Please read the instructions first and then complete the form. It will also be available on the MCNZ website.
If anyone is unable to complete the form online, please phone Amy (03 364 9427) and she will complete it for you.
The Conference Registration fee is $290, however if you register by Monday 14 September, you will receive a prompt payment discount of $30.
Please make sure you fill in all the information unless the form states that the information is unnecessary. Hopefully those of you who have completed the form have found it quick and easy.
- Thursday 5 November - Conference Stationing Committee [Upper Riccarton Methodist Church from 10am]
- Friday 6 November - Tauiwi and Te Taha Maori meetings [North City Church from 9am]
- Saturday and Sunday 7-8 November - Inductions and Ordinations [Durham Street Methodist]
- Monday to Wednesday 9-11 November - Conference Business sessions [North City Church]
- Conference will conclude at 3pm on Wednesday 11 November.
- Upper Riccarton Methodist Church - Cnr Yaldhurst Rd and Brake St, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch
- North City Church - 95 Sawyers Arms Rd, Christchurch
- Durham St Methodist Church – 309 Durham St, Christchurch
Wesley Historical Society
The Wesley Historical Society AGM and Dinner will be held on Friday 6 November from 5.30pm at Papanui Methodist Church. If you would like to attend, please register on the Conference Registration Form. If you are not attending Conference as a delegate but would like to attend, please contact Amy at the Connexional Office to book - firstname.lastname@example.org – or phone 03 364 9427.
Lay Preachers Service/Meeting/Lunch
This year there will be a Methodist Lay Preachers service/meeting/lunch at Upper Riccarton Methodist Church, cnr Yaldhurst Rd and Brake St on Conference Sunday morning 8 November, details as follows:
· 10.00am Service at Upper Riccarton Methodist Church led by New Zealand Lay Preachers Association and Methodist Lay Preachers Network.
· 11.15am Combined meeting of the New Zealand Lay Preachers Association and Methodist Lay Preachers’ Network.
· 12.30 – 1.30pm Catered lunch at $15 per head.
If you wish to attend, please register on the Conference Registration form. If you are not attending Conference as a delegate, please contact Amy at the Connexional Office.
To register for the Conference Business Committee sessions, please select your options on the Conference Registration form. If you are not attending Conference as a delegate, but would like to attend a Business Committee, please contact Amy at the Connexional office.
There are 8 Business Committees on Sunday afternoon and you may choose three options – one preference and two ‘back-ups’.
? Board of Administration
? Mission Resourcing
? Communications and Organisations
? Council of Conference
? Faith and Order
? Mission and Ecumenical
? Social Services/WesleyCom
? Trinity College
Accommodation Booking for Conference
As Conference coincides with Christchurch Show week, accommodation is at a premium. For those who plan to stay in a motel or other similar accommodation, it would be prudent to make bookings now. There will be some billeted accommodation available and Conference representatives will be able to select this option on the registration form.