Caring for Our People Manaakitia a Tatou Tangata
Malo e lelei! Talofa lava! Bula! Goeie dag! Greetings! Tena koutou, tena koutou, tena tatou katoa!
The people called Methodist accept the challenge to do our utmost to Care for Our People Manaakitia a Tatou Tangata: ethically, morally, spiritually and legally. Through our active commitment to ensuring our parishioners, our employees, our volunteers, our Presbyters, Deacons and Lay Ministry, our clients and tenants, etc... Our People a Tatou Tangata, are safe, we will continuously look for opportunities to improve our methods and ways whilst still holding fast to our Methodist ethos.
Welcome to the page where health and safety information is available for you to help Care for Our People Manaakitia a Tatou Tangata.
2018 Health and Safety Baseline Survey
Just released! 'Paper' versions of the survey, as the online survey is a bit clunky (I do apologise for causing people to mutter at it!)
We are undertaking this survey to see where we all stand with regards to:
- having formalised H&S activities (created committees, documents, processes etc)
- The number of parish employees (establish size and scope of "Workplace" responsibilities)
- Numbers of buildings and title holders
- Numbers of buildings with/without asbestos management plans
- What activities occur in those buildings (what level of pro-active H&S is needed in our buildings)
- Parish opinions
Join in and have your say by the end of June 2018!
CLICK HERE to go to the Survey page
Asbestos is a hidden killer and can be found in any building built before 2000. Asbestos is a risk to health only when it is breathed in as a fine dust and the risks increase with how much you breath in and how often.
The Methodist church of New Zealand wants our future to be healthy and safe, and to this end has made available a 3 stage asbestos management plan for everyone to start using immediately. We want to control our asbestos and avoid it becoming a problem.
CLICK HERE to go to the Asbestos Management page
Emergency Response Plans
An emergency response plan is the "who does what" if something happens. Such as fire, earthquake, accident and so on.
Templates are attached for parishes/rohe, and for a small office.
Using the templates helps keep it simple but not all eventualities can be covered so the responses in the plan are the main ones. While every attempt has been made to make them easy to use, a certain level of knowledge with MS Word will be required.
CLICK HERE to go to the Emergency Response Plans page for copies of the Templates
Until such time as full guidelines are written, various forms shall be stored here as they are made available. Until the guidelines are written, the forms are available with only the instruction that is contained within them.
Please contact Trudy if you need any other forms or if you require further information on what is available.
CLICK HERE for more information
Current Caring for Our People Manaakitia a Tatou Tangata Programme
May 2018 Achievements
- Emergency Response Plan templates available.
- Asbestos Management Plan Plans available.
- H&S baseline survey available.
- Consultation on MBIE H&S Strategy for NZ undertaken.
- H&S Survey finishes end of June! Get your response in now!
- Investigating Risk Management (a.k.a. risk registers/hazard registers).
- Trudy on annual leave until 18 June.
- Draft Caring for Our People Information Booklet by October.
- Guidelines for Working bee/cleaning gutters - beyond "do it safely" (no confirmed date).
If you have queries on any of the above, or questions specific to your location, please contact:
Health and Safety Coordinator
for The Methodist Church of New Zealand Te Haahi Weteriana o Aotearoa.
Mob: 027 457 4196