(part of the Bricks & Mortar: First Edition May 2019)
(minimum, mandatory requirement)
Stage one: A general approach
• Everyone can, and must complete stage one
• We don't know what might contain asbestos
• We won't touch anything and we will leave it to the professionals
Stage two: A more specific approach
• Some building knowledge is needed to identify building materials
• If you are unsure if a building material contains asbestos – then assume it does!
• We do and don't know what might contain asbestos
• We may touch the safe stuff but will leave the rest to the professionals
Stage three: An exact approach
• When you are doing demolition, maintenance or other building works
• Only for qualified, experienced, licenced contractors!
Send a copy of each of your plan stages through to the National Register c/-: email@example.com
See Everything you need to know to manage church property. First Edition May 2019
Asbestos management is part of the Asbestos Regulations from the HSWA 2015 .
Asbestos management affects how we manage our properties; we now need to consider asbestos when we alter, buy or sell buildings.